You are here
Life Times Activity Assistant
Activity Assistant Role Description
Life Times runs fun social activities in Brighton & Hove Sheltered Housing Schemes. Our activities reach out to isolated older people by providing light-hearted fun and a whole load of laughs whilst playing games such as bowls, boccia, Wii or quizzes. It’s a wonderful way to meet a great bunch of people and bring together a community to form friendships.
Role – Life Times Activity Assistant
Role Purpose – To provide fun entertainment to a great bunch of older people through chatting and playing games such as bowls, Wii, quizzes, darts etc.
Reporting to – Life Times Leader
Volunteer Hours – 2pm – 4pm (weekly, fortnightly or monthly), days depending on location (see below)
Length of Commitment – Minimum 3 months,
Various Locations- Elwyn Jones Court (Patcham) on Fridays, Laburnum Grove (Hollingdean) on Thursdays or Walter may (Whitehawk) on Thursdays.
1) Activity Assistant
· Volunteering alongside the leader to coordinate the activity for that week. E.g. example bowls – you could be assisting with setting the bowls mat up, keeping score, collecting the bowls, tidying away the bowls mat and resetting tables and chairs in the lounge.
· Playing the game, if one team is short you could volunteer to play
2) Engaging with residents
· Chatting to residents and joining in with the team banter as they play
· Helping serve tea and coffee during the break
· Chatting with spectators
· Friendly, positive attitude
· Ability to have fun
· Understand and empathise with older people
· Good communication skills
· Engaging with the local community and learning from the experience of older people
· Support, encouragement and appreciation
· The opportunity to socialise and meet new people
· Part of a fun and energetic team!
· Refreshments during the break
· Training relevant for the role
Contact and Further Information
Email Amy at email@example.com for more information or to get involved with Life Times.